Do you want to clear your skin from acne, but too afraid that acne creams and other medications might be too harsh on your skin?
Well, you can always opt to treat acne in the natural way. For many, acne is troublesome and embarrassing. Furthermore, it has a great tendency to decrease one’s self-confidence.
There are a lot of acne remedies that nature can offer, and these remedies are possibly more effective and reliable than any other medications.
Here are some suggestions on how you can treat acne naturally:
1. Apply honey mask – Honey has been known to be an effective cure to acne because it has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.
Using this natural ingredient to treat acne involves simple steps that would eventually lead to noticeable outcomes.
First, you have to wash your face and dry it afterwards with a clean towel. Make sure that any make-up is removed. Then, scoop out honey from the jar using your fingers.
Rub the honey on your fingertips and gently apply it on your face evenly. Leave the honey on your face for about 10 minutes. After that, you can rinse off the honey from your face with lukewarm water.
Then, dry your face with a clean towel.
2. Use aloe vera – One of the naturally proven remedies for acne is aloe vera. It reduces the swelling and soothes irritation that caused the pores to swell.
Acne is basically caused by swollen pores and aloe vera can help ease the swelling and redness. Just break the leaf of the plant and extract the watery gel that comes out and gently apply it on your skin.
3. Eat zinc-rich foods – Zinc is known as an antibacterial agent and is necessary to control the oil produced by the oil glands.
According to surveys, people who have acne do not have a sufficient amount of zinc in their body. Zinc-rich foods include peanuts, pumpkin seeds (roasted), low-fat roast beef and lamb, oysters, dried watermelon seeds, and crabs.
4. Eat carrots – Carrots are rich in Vitamin A, a vitamin which is known to strengthen our skin’s protective tissues, thereby reducing acne. It is a powerful anti-oxidant that gets rid of the toxins from our body. It also controls the overproduction of sebum which is generally caused by increase in hormonal levels, especially in teenagers.
5. Eat foods which are high in fiber – Another known reason for acne breakouts is indigestion.
6. Eating fibrous foods is one of the best ways that we can combat indigestion. Indigestion causes toxins to accumulate in our body, thus acne results. Fiber rich foods include fruits, vegetables, almonds, oatmeal, and whole wheat bread.
7. Try the brown sugar scrub – Brown sugar adds moisture to the skin. It has Vitamin B which is a good anti-oxidant that repairs skin damages.
8. It does not only give or add moisture to your skin, but it also retains it. Once your face is damp, you can gently scrub brown sugar on your face.
However, you must be careful not to overdo this treatment as it can cause overproduction of oil. Do this treatment twice or thrice a month.
9. Be make-up free – Avoid wearing make-up as it can make your pores clogged and can cause blackheads and pimples. If there is really a need to wear make-up, use the water based type.